By S. Crocker
Read Online or Download Bergson and the Metaphysics of Media PDF
Best epistemology books
For greater than 4 a long time Josef Simon has given very important impulses to philosophy that have attracted a lot overseas realization. frequently unconventional in presentation, his works on Kant, Hegel and Nietzsche, at the philosophy of language and symptoms but additionally on sensible philosophy have many times made basic questions of philosophy seem in a stunning new gentle.
What's wisdom? the place does it come from? What sorts of wisdom are there? do we comprehend something in any respect? This lucid and interesting advent grapples with those significant questions within the idea of data, providing a transparent, non-partisan view of the most issues of epistemology. either conventional concerns and modern rules are mentioned in 16 simply digestible chapters, every one of which finish with an invaluable precis of the most rules mentioned, learn questions, annotated extra interpreting and a advisor to web assets.
How will we care for the range of theories in arithmetic schooling? This was once the most query that led the authors of this ebook to came upon the Networking Theories workforce. ranging from the shared assumption that the life of other theories is a source for arithmetic schooling study, the authors have explored the probabilities of interactions among theories, reminiscent of contrasting, coordinating, and in the community integrating them.
This booklet provides a brand new technique of differentiating wisdom from non-knowledge. In different phrases, it provides a singular research of data - checklist of stipulations that, whilst met, point out individual understands whatever instead of simply believing it. The research of data it proposes turns out to beat the issues that experience plagued such theories up to now, often called the 'Gettier difficulties' (after the thinker Edmund Gettier, whose 1963 paper brought them).
- From a Deflationary Point of View
- The Epistemological Skyhook: Determinism, Naturalism, and Self-Defeat (Routledge Studies in Contemporary Philosophy)
- The Puzzle of Perceptual Justification: Conscious experience, Higher-order Beliefs, and Reliable Processes (Synthese Library)
- The Anatomy of Knowledge: Papers Presented to the Study Group on Foundations of Cultural Unity, Bowdoin College, 1965 and 1966: Volume 7 (Routledge Library Editions: Epistemology)
- Truth and Skepticism
- The Bounds of Reason: Habermas, Lyotard and Melanie Klein on Rationality (Problems of Modern European Thought)
Additional info for Bergson and the Metaphysics of Media