By Rachel Wadham,Jon Ostenson
This ebook advocates for a more robust position for young-adult literature in ELA study rooms, compellingly documenting how this physique of labor meets either the wishes of adolescent scholars and the calls for of the typical middle for advanced texts and tasks.
By Marilyn McLeod,Victoria Medina
By David Greetham
This absolutely revised and up to date variation of the bestselling "Textual Scholarship" covers all points of textual thought and scholarly enhancing for college students and students. because the definitive creation to the talents of textual scholarship, the recent variation addresses the innovative shift from print to electronic textuality and next dramatic alterations within the emphasis and course of textual enquiry.
By Bruce Stanley Burdick
This magisterial annotated bibliography of the earliest mathematical works to be published within the New global demanding situations long-held assumptions in regards to the earliest examples of yank mathematical pastime. Bruce Stanley Burdick brings jointly mathematical writings from Mexico, Lima, and the English colonies of Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and big apple. The publication presents very important details akin to writer, printer, position of e-book, and site of unique copies of every of the works mentioned.
Burdick's exhaustive study has unearthed quite a few examples of books no longer formerly cataloged as mathematical. whereas it was once concept that no mathematical writings in English have been published within the Americas sooner than 1703, Burdick offers students considered one of their first possibilities to find Jacob Taylor's 1697 Tenebrae, a treatise on fixing triangles and different figures utilizing easy trigonometry. He additionally is going past the English language to debate works in Spanish and Latin, equivalent to Alonso de los angeles Vera Cruz's 1554 common sense textual content, the Recognitio Summularum; a ebook on astrology by means of Enrico Martínez; books at the nature of comets via Carlos de Sigüenza y Góngora and Eusebio Francisco Kino; and a 1676 almanac through Feliciana Ruiz, the 1st lady to supply a mathematical paintings within the Americas.
Those fascinated about arithmetic, its background, and its tradition will word with curiosity that lots of those works, together with all the earliest ones, are from Mexico, now not from what's now the us. As such, the e-book will problem us to reconsider the background of arithmetic at the American continents.
By Joseph P Iannotti,Richard Parker
The top Limb, Part 1 of The Netter selection of scientific Illustrations: Musculoskeletal approach, 2d Edition, provides a hugely visible advisor to the higher extremity, from easy technological know-how and anatomy to orthopaedics and rheumatology. This spectacularly illustrated quantity within the masterwork often called the (CIBA) "Green Books" has been extended and revised through Dr. Joseph Iannotti, Dr. Richard Parker, and different specialists from the Cleveland health facility to reflect the various interesting advances in musculoskeletal medication and imaging - supplying rich insights into the anatomy, body structure, and scientific stipulations of the shoulder, top arm and elbow, forearm and wrist, and hand and finger.
- Consult this identify in your favourite e-reader with intuitive seek instruments and adjustable font sizes. Elsevier eBooks offer quick transportable entry in your complete library, it doesn't matter what machine you are utilizing or the place you are located.
- Get entire, built-in visible counsel at the higher extremity with thorough, richly illustrated coverage.
- Quickly comprehend advanced topics due to a concise text-atlas layout that offers a context bridge among basic and really expert medicine.
- Clearly visualize how middle suggestions of anatomy, body structure, and different simple sciences correlate throughout disciplines.
- Benefit from matchless Netter illustrations that supply precision, readability, element and realism as they supply a visible method of the scientific presentation and care of the patient.
- Gain a wealthy scientific view of all features of the shoulder, top arm and elbow, forearm and wrist, and hand and finger in a single complete quantity, conveyed via appealing illustrations in addition to updated radiologic and laparoscopic images.
- Benefit from the services of Drs. Joseph Iannotti, Richard Parker, and esteemed colleagues from the Cleveland Clinic, who make clear and extend at the illustrated concepts.
- Clearly see the relationship among uncomplicated technology and scientific practice with an built-in evaluation of ordinary constitution and serve as because it pertains to pathologic conditions.
- See present medical strategies in orthopaedics and rheumatology captured in vintage Netter illustrations, in addition to new illustrations created particularly for this quantity by way of artist-physician Carlos Machado, MD, and others operating within the Netter style.
By Lee Gutkind
By Elena Pierazzo
By Tony A. Harvell
This source compiles and locates biographical and bibliographical info of over seven hundred fashionable Latin American dramatists of the past due twentieth century and their performs in 20 assorted nations, and it lists over 7,000 performs prepared through nation and by way of writer. writer biographies include 12 months and homeland, schooling, careers, different literary genres, and awards and prizes. The bibliographic listings comprise a variety of versions of performs, by way of references to the performs in anthologies, collections, or periodicals.
Latin American theater is rooted within the wealthy ancient traditions of either the indigenous cultures of the sector and people of Spain. within the moment half the twentieth century, immigration to Latin the USA from Europe, the center East, Africa, and Asia additionally proved influential, and theater grew to become a way of social protest. the army and political dictatorships of the past due twentieth century frequently censored performs and persecuted playwrights. This source compiles and locates biographical and bibliographical information regarding over seven hundred favourite Latin American dramatists and their performs in 20 varied nations, and it lists over 7,000 performs prepared via nation and by means of writer. writer biographies encompass 12 months and fatherland, schooling, careers, different literary genres, and awards and prizes. The bibliographic listings contain numerous variants of performs, by way of references to the performs in anthologies, collections, or periodicals.
By Lee Martin
Martin presents encouragement by way of sharing what he’s discovered from his trip via frustrations, demanding situations, and successes. most vital, Telling tales emphasizes that you're not on my own in this trip and that writers needs to stay occupied with what they love: the method of relocating phrases at the web page. via concentrating on that objective, Martin contends, the adventure will continually take you the place you’re intended to go.
By Bruce Mowday
The publishing global has greatly replaced within the final decade and today’s winning authors have to be entertainers, promoters and savvy company proprietors. the times of publication excursions and sitting in conventional e-book retailers to promote books are speedy fading.
Selling Your e-book bargains non-traditional suggestion to aid authors turn into winning and raise publication sales.