By Bonnie Freeman RN DNP ANP ACHPN,Bonnie, RN, DNP, ANP, ACHPN Freeman,Tracey DasGupta,Margaret Fitch
A milestone source for palliative care nurses that enables evidence-based compassionate and humanistic care of the dying
"A useful contribution to the evolving box of palliative nursing care. it really is authored via a version for this box, Bonnie Freeman, and brings to the bedside what her perform embodies--evidence-based clinically specialist care...The CARES device is a long-needed source and we're all thankful to the writer for relocating her ardour to paper. it's going to contact the lives and deaths of sufferers, households, and the nurses who take care of them."
--Betty Ferrell, PhD, RN, MA, FAAN, FCPN, CHPN
Professor and Director, department of Nursing learn and Education
City of wish nationwide clinical Center
From the Foreword
This groundbreaking reference for palliative care nurses is the 1st to supply life like and attainable evidence-based tools for incorporating compassionate and humanistic care of the death into present criteria of perform. It builds at the author's research-based CARES software; a reference that synthesizes 5 key parts proven to let a calm dying, as unfastened from anguish as attainable: convenience, airway administration, administration of restlessness and delirium, emotional and non secular aid, and selfcare for nurses. The e-book describes, step-by-step, how nurses can simply enforce the elemental tenets of the CARES instrument into their end-of-life perform. It presents a sincerely outlined plan that may be individualized for every sufferer and adapted to express kin wishes, and enables taking care of the loss of life within the so much respectful and humane approach possible.
The publication identifies the most typical symptom administration wishes in demise sufferers and describes, intimately, the 5 parts of the CARES paradigm and the way to enforce them to let a calm loss of life and reduce anguish. It contains palliative care activates based on 29 evidence-based options and the nationwide Consensus venture for Palliative Care scientific perform guidance. The source additionally addresses the significance of the nurse to behave as a sufferer recommend, tips to in attaining compassionate conversation with the sufferer and kin, and limitations and demanding situations to compassionate care. Case reports emphasize the significance of compassionate nursing care of the loss of life and the way it may be successfully achieved.
- Provides nurses with a transparent knowing of the commonest wishes of the death and offers useful purposes to facilitate and increase care
- Clarifies the present and sometimes complicated literature on care of the dying
- Includes case stories illustrating the commonest wishes of death sufferers and the way those are addressed successfully through the CARES tool
- Based on large facts in addition to at the nationwide Consensus venture for Palliative Care medical perform Guidelines
Read or Download Compassionate Person-Centered Care for the Dying: An Evidence-Based Palliative Care Guide For Nurses PDF
Best nursing books
Steigende Qualitätsansprüche verlangen nach zertifizierten Zentren und einer Standardisierung zytostatischer Therapien mit Maßnahmen zur Fehlervermeidung. Dieses Buch bietet Onkologen und Pflegepersonal "Standard working tactics" (SOP) für die Verabreichung einzelner Schemata zur Therapie des Mammakarzinoms und gynäkologischer Tumoren.
Hochaktuelle Thematik als gesellschaftliche Herausforderung Der Pflege-Report 2016 diskutiert, mit welchen personellen Möglichkeiten auch zukünftig eine ausreichende Pflegeversorgung gesichert werden kann. Er greift folgende Fragen auf: - Welche Personen- und Berufsgruppen spielen eine Rolle und welchen Aufgaben stehen sie gegenüber?
Here’s the precise spouse to secure Maternity & Pediatric Nursing Care. every one bankruptcy within the examine consultant corresponds to a bankruptcy within the textual content. workout through workout, job by way of task, you’ll improve your critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities whereas learning the foundations, techniques, and techniques necessary to good fortune within the lecture room and in perform.
Chronische Schmerzen bedeuten häufig eine tiefgreifende Einschränkung der Lebensqualität. Dieses Buch stellt die Anforderungen an das Schmerzmanagement in der Pflege bei chronischen Schmerzen auf der Grundlage des DNQP-Expertenstandards "Schmerzmanagement in der Pflege bei chronischen Schmerzen" dar.
- Methods of Cancer Diagnosis, Therapy, and Prognosis: Brain Cancer: 8 (Methods of Cancer Diagnosis, Therapy and Prognosis)
- Health Care Finance, Economics, and Policy for Nurses: A Foundational Guide
- Pain in Childbearing and its Control: Key Issues for Midwives and Women
- Clinical Companion for Fundamentals of Nursing - E-Book: Just the Facts (Clinical Companion for Fundamentals of Nursing: Just the Facts)
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthesia: Critical Care Nursing in the Operating Room, An Issue of Critical Care Nursing Clinics, E-Book (The Clinics: Nursing)
Extra info for Compassionate Person-Centered Care for the Dying: An Evidence-Based Palliative Care Guide For Nurses