By Ben Kotzee
Education and the expansion of Knowledge is a set of unique contributions from a bunch of eminent philosophers and philosophers of schooling, who cartoon the results of advances in modern epistemology for education.
- New papers on schooling and social and advantage epistemology contributed by means of a number of eminent philosophers and philosophers of education
- Reconceives epistemology within the mild of notions from social and advantage epistemology
- Demonstrates reconsideration of epistemology within the mild of rules from social and advantage epistemology will in flip re-invigorate the hyperlinks among epistemology and education
Read or Download Education and the Growth of Knowledge: Perspectives from Social and Virtue Epistemology (Journal of Philosophy of Education) PDF
Similar epistemology books
For greater than 4 a long time Josef Simon has given vital impulses to philosophy that have attracted a lot foreign awareness. frequently unconventional in presentation, his works on Kant, Hegel and Nietzsche, at the philosophy of language and indicators but additionally on sensible philosophy have many times made primary questions of philosophy seem in a shocking new gentle.
What's wisdom? the place does it come from? What types of wisdom are there? will we understand whatever in any respect? This lucid and interesting advent grapples with those crucial questions within the concept of data, supplying a transparent, non-partisan view of the most subject matters of epistemology. either conventional concerns and modern principles are mentioned in 16 simply digestible chapters, every one of which finish with an invaluable precis of the most rules mentioned, research questions, annotated extra analyzing and a consultant to net assets.
How will we take care of the variety of theories in arithmetic schooling? This used to be the most query that led the authors of this booklet to discovered the Networking Theories staff. ranging from the shared assumption that the lifestyles of alternative theories is a source for arithmetic schooling study, the authors have explored the probabilities of interactions among theories, reminiscent of contrasting, coordinating, and in the neighborhood integrating them.
This e-book provides a brand new technique of differentiating wisdom from non-knowledge. In different phrases, it offers a singular research of information - record of stipulations that, while met, point out individual is familiar with anything instead of only believing it. The research of data it proposes turns out to beat the issues that experience plagued such theories thus far, often called the 'Gettier difficulties' (after the thinker Edmund Gettier, whose 1963 paper brought them).
- The Scotch Metaphysics: A Century of Enlightenment in Scotland (Routledge Studies in Nineteenth-Century Philosophy)
- Jean-Paul Sartre: Das Sein und das Nichts (Klassiker Auslegen) (German Edition)
- Basic Structures of Reality: Essays in Meta-Physics
- The Epistemological Skyhook: Determinism, Naturalism, and Self-Defeat (Routledge Studies in Contemporary Philosophy)
Extra info for Education and the Growth of Knowledge: Perspectives from Social and Virtue Epistemology (Journal of Philosophy of Education)