By Jason Shogren
Every selection approximately power comprises its fee and cost. the cost of fuel and the price of procuring from international manufacturers; the cost of nuclear and hydroelectricity and the prices to our ecosystems; the cost of electrical energy from coal-fired vegetation and the price to the atmosphere. Giving existence to innovations, way of life adjustments, geopolitical shifts, and issues in-between, power economics is of excessive curiosity to Academia, organisations and Governments.
For economists, power economics is one among 3 subdisciplines which, taken jointly, compose an financial method of the exploitation and renovation of common resources:
- energy economics, which specializes in energy-related matters resembling renewable strength, hydropower, nuclear strength, and the political economic system of energy
- resource economics, which covers matters in land and water use, equivalent to mining, fisheries, agriculture, and forests
- environmental economics, which takes a broader view of average assets via financial innovations reminiscent of threat, valuation, rules, and distribution
Although the 3 are heavily related, they aren't usually offered as an built-in whole. This Encyclopedia has performed simply that through unifying those fields into a high-quality and unique overview.
- The merely reference paintings that codifies the relationships one of the 3 subdisciplines: strength economics, source economics and environmental economics. realizing those relationships simply turned simpler!
- Nobel Prize successful Editor-in-Chief (joint recipient 2007 Peace Prize), Jason Shogren, has validated very good group paintings back, through coordinating and steerage his Editorial Board to provide a cohesive paintings that courses the person seamlessly throughout the diversified topics
- This paintings comprises in equivalent elements info from and approximately enterprise, educational, and govt views and is meant to function a device for unifying and systematizing study and research in enterprise, universities, and government
Read Online or Download Encyclopedia of Energy, Natural Resource, and Environmental Economics PDF
Best power resources books
The lead-acid accumulator used to be brought in the midst of the nineteenth Century, the varied versions of nickel accumulators among the start and the top of the 20 th Century. even supposing outdated, those applied sciences are regularly very current on various markets. regrettably they're nonetheless now not utilized in optimum stipulations, actually because of the misperception of the interior electrochemical phenomena.
Allotted controller layout is usually a not easy job, in particular for multi-agent structures with advanced dynamics, end result of the interconnected influence of the agent dynamics, the interplay graph between brokers, and the cooperative keep watch over legislation. Cooperative regulate of Multi-Agent structures: A Consensus zone method bargains a scientific framework for designing dispensed controllers for multi-agent platforms with common linear agent dynamics, linear agent dynamics with uncertainties, and Lipschitz nonlinear agent dynamics.
As strength made from renewable assets is more and more built-in into the electrical energy grid, curiosity in strength garage applied sciences for grid stabilisation is turning out to be. This publication studies advances in battery applied sciences and functions for medium and large-scale strength garage. Chapters tackle advances in nickel, sodium and lithium-based batteries.
This ebook provides the mandatory basic wisdom within the examine, improvement, layout, choice, and alertness of desiccant heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning platforms. It covers the validated installations in numerous weather conditions and construction kinds. furthermore, complicated functionality overview ideas are offered, protecting thermodynamic, fiscal, and environmental elements.
- Critical Chain Project Management, Third Edition (Artech House Technology Management and Professional Development Library)
- Small Modular Reactors: Nuclear Power Fad or Future?
- Gasification for Synthetic Fuel Production: Fundamentals, Processes and Applications (Woodhead Publishing Series in Energy)
- Solar Photovoltaics Business Briefing (DōShorts)
- Markets and Policy Measures in the Evolution of Electric Mobility (Lecture Notes in Mobility)
Additional info for Encyclopedia of Energy, Natural Resource, and Environmental Economics